Welcome to the Show!
Welcome to the Optima Search For the Ultimate Street Car Series Podcast! This show is produced twice-per-month show and will be a great way to keep people informed on everything going on, from rules discussions, to event coverage, and to feature interviews with competitors and people of interest!
The show is hosted by myself (Rob Kibbe) and Race Director Jimi Day. Our goal is to bring you all of the latest and greatest information possible…plus have plenty of fun along with way. Feel free to e-mail us with feedback and questions, and we’ll work as many of them can into the show!
Welcome Ron Sutton!
A HUGE THANKS to Ron Sutton Race Technology for coming on board as our very first sponsor! We’re proud to announce that Ron is back for 2016 with an entirely new workshop tour planned as well.
Stay tuned to future shows for details and Visit RonSuttonRaceTechnology.com to get more information on Ron’s incredible service lineup!
REMINDER: Ron’s NEXT 2016 Seminar will be held Thursday July 7 in Columbus, OH!
Phone/Text: (916) 834-8051
We are incredibly proud to announce that Forgeline Motorsports has joined us on the OSUSC Podcast show for 2016! Forgeline has been a staple among OSUSC competitors, and their incredible wheels are as well engineered (and race tested) as they are beautiful.
Stay tuned to future shows to hear more from Forgline, and be sure to visit their website and give them a call for all of your competition wheel needs!
Phone: (800) 886-0093
Ron Sutton on the Hotline and NCM Results!
In this episode of the show we asked Ron Sutton on to give a brief update of his upcoming July 7 workshop in Columbus, OH (just before the big Good Guys show). This short interview may be the best example we’ve heard in regards to the education that is necessary to set up a neutral handling car before trying to make track day tweaks. Spots in the July 7 class are limited – so be sure to sign up soon!
The big (and hot) NCM event is now in the books!
Items of Note:
1) Country music singer / songwriter James Otto was at the event and took his first laps EVER on a road course. Even cooler was that he did them in his Grandfather’s ’66 Chevy C-10 (named “For Pete’s Sake”)!
2) It was hot (like hotter than the sun hot). Asphalt temp was 165 in the paddock.
3) There were 86 Cars at the event!
4) The Bacon family are great people!
Spirit of The Event OUSCI Invite Winner: Todd Rumpke
First Timer Award: Levi Stewart – 2006 EVO
1. Bryan Johnson (Invite Winner) – 2013 Camaro
2. Ken Thwaits – 2014 Camaro
3. J Priestly – 2016 Camaro
1. Brian Finch – 71 Camaro
2. Larry Woo – 68 Camaro
3. Jim Stehlin (Invite Winner) – 73 Camaro
1. Paul Curley (Invite Winner) – 2003 Z06
2. Clay Shearer – 2015 911 Turbo
3. Curt Trawick – 2013 Porsche GT3 RS
1. Danny Popp – 2003 Z06
2. Karl Dunn (Invite Winner) – 2002 Z06
3. Mike DuSold – 67 Camaro
Thanks for listening!
-Rob & Jimi