Welcome to the Show!
Welcome to the Optima Search For the Ultimate Street Car Series Podcast! This show is produced twice-per-month show and will be a great way to keep people informed on everything going on, from rules discussions, to event coverage, and to feature interviews with competitors and people of interest!
The show is hosted by myself (Rob Kibbe) and Race Director Jimi Day. Our goal is to bring you all of the latest and greatest information possible…plus have plenty of fun along with way. Feel free to e-mail us with feedback and questions, and we’ll work as many of them can into the show!
Welcome Ron Sutton!
A HUGE THANKS to Ron Sutton Race Technology for coming on board as our very first sponsor! We’re proud to announce that Ron is back for 2016 with an entirely new workshop tour planned as well.
Stay tuned to future shows for details and Visit RonSuttonRaceTechnology.com to get more information on Ron’s incredible service lineup!
Phone/Text: (916) 834-8051
We are incredibly proud to announce that Forgeline Motorsports has joined us on the OSUSC Podcast show for 2016! Forgeline has been a staple among OSUSC competitors, and their incredible wheels are as well engineered (and race tested) as they are beautiful.
Stay tuned to future shows to hear more from Forgline, and be sure to visit their website and give them a call for all of your competition wheel needs!
Phone: (800) 886-0093
A First Timer’ Guide to an OSUSC Event!
They say that your audience has the best ideas, and we couln’t agree more! In this episode we took up a terrific suggestion sent in by Scott Budisalich to answer – in one single place – all of the questions a “first timer” to an OSUSC event might have.
Scott is planning to attend several events this year and was kind enough to send in a laundry list of questions he was hoping to get answers to. Since he is undoubetdly not alone in his request for this type of info we decided to tackle a full show on it. Scott’s full list of questions are below and we hit them all!
1. When do people generally arrive?
2. When is tech done?
3. Are cars weighed at tech? Are they weighed again at the completion of each competition segment? On a side note; Why isn’t the car weighed with a fully suited driver in place?
4. How is the event conduct split up? Are cars split up into groups or classes so all segments can be conducted at once or do we all compete each event at the same time?
5. Is there typically a break between segments to allow for repair and maintenance?
6. How many runs/sessions are allowed at speed stop, autocross, road course?
7. Is there a live results web feed so we can see relative position during the event? We have that at our local autocross events and it really builds the excitement. If not are there printouts posted somewhere or do we have to wait until the end to see the segment rankings?
8. Is fuel usually available from the tracks?
9. Do you have support vendors on site with equipment for sale like tires, tools, safety equipment, etc.?
10. When do things typically wrap up?
Thanks for the great show suggestion, Scott!
-Rob & Jimi