Welcome to the Show!
Welcome to the Optima Search For the Ultimate Street Car Series Podcast! This show is produced twice–per-month show and will be a great way to keep people informed on everything going on, from rules discussions, to event coverage, and to feature interviews with competitors and people of interest!
The show is hosted by myself (Rob Kibbe) and Race Director Jimi Day. Our goal is to bring you all of the latest and greatest information possible…plus have plenty of fun along with way. Feel free to e-mail us with feedback and questions, and we’ll work as many of them can into the show!
Ron Sutton’s 2015 Workshop!
BIG NEWS! Ron Sutton’s 2015 Workshop and Book Tour has been scheduled….and you can attend! This is your chance to spend a full day with Ron and learn how to design and improve YOUR CAR for the best performance possible. Three different dates for the workshop are available yet in 2015….but book now because Ron may never put these on again! Visit RonSuttonRaceTechnology.com to learn more and register for your spot.
Remaining 2015 Workshops:
1. Thursday, Sept 10 – Near Holley LS Fest – Bowling Green, Kentucky
2. Thursday, Oct 1 – Near the Goodguys Lone Star Nationals – Fort Worth, Texas
3. Thursday, Nov 5 – Near SEMA & the OPTIMA Ultimate Street Car Invitational, Las Vegas, NV
“I never sell in a workshop. Never. I educate. Even if I love a product, I don’t sell anyone. That’s just not my style. No one sells or “pitches” any products in my workshops. If you attend my workshop, you will walk away with valuable, powerful information you understand to help make your car handle better & more fun to drive. I guarantee it.” – Ron Sutton
Phone/Text: (916) 834-8051
Pikes Peak Recap and the Points Standings Update!
In this episode we had a chance to give a recap of the awesome happenings at the recent Pikes Peak event, plus dig into the the current points standings (and future registrations). Long story short….the classes are heating up, and the chess pieces are being positioned by those gunning for a slot at the OUSCI! Be sure to read up on OPTIMA Jim’s latest blog on the full standings-playout scenario.
News and Notes:
1) Road America and Fontana are both sold out, which completes sweep. All events for this season have now officially sold out.
2) Fontana will have a few one day entries available (Autocross, Speed Stop, Road Rally, Welcome Party) for those that would still like to find a way to run. The Two Day slots (full weekend) are sold out.
3) Pikes Peak Notes:
-Fort Carson Mounted Color Guard – Joe Escobar did the National Anthem
-½ Price Deal was given to all Military from Fort Carson (Spectators)
-Flyover with Black Hawk Helicopter (The entire crew stayed for the day – then got ride alongs in the cars!)
4) Fun Stuff – Jimi Day Trivia
-How many weekends a year does Jimi work/spend on the road?
-How many days in a row (in 2015) has Jimi worked straight?
Rob & Jimi